- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
FROHNA, Mo. -- Leonora T. (Steffens) Winter, 88, of Frohna died Sunday, Feb. 14, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 8, 1922, in Farrar, Mo., daughter of the late Claus H. and Frieda M. Koenig Steffens. She was married at Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar on May 24, 1947, to E. Roland Winter of Frohna. They were married for 62 years.
Other survivors include a daughter, Maxine (Bruce) Lorenz of Jackson; four sisters and three brothers, Florence Sweeney of St. Louis, Ellen Lewis of St. Louis, Gloria (Ralph) Mueller of Farrar, Georgia (George) Koehler of Lebannon, Ohio, Herbert (Paula) Steffens of Ursa, Ill., Donald (Florence) Steffens and Allyn (Christie) Steffens, both of Perryville, Mo.; a grandson, Chris Lorenz of Jackson; and nieces, nephews, and friends.
Mrs. Winter did domestic house work in St. Louis, worked at Wagner Electric in St. Louis, International Shoe Co. in Perryville and the Frohna General Market in Frohna until the business closed. She was a member of Concordia Lutheran Church, its choir and LWML, all in Frohna. She was a former member of Loeber Braille Center in Crosstown, Mo., and a quilting volunteer with Ladies Aid. She was a homemaker and loved flower gardening.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Wilbert and Omar.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m Thursday and from 6:30 a.m. until time of service Friday at Concordia Lutheran Church in Frohna.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Rod Benkendorf officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Concordia Energy Efficiency fund or charity of your choice.
Young and Sons Funeral Home Inc. in Perryville, Mo., provided the arrangements.