- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson Board of Aldermen meeting agenda 2/16/10
7:30 p.m. Tuesday
101 Court St.
* A special-use permit request for catering as a home occupation at 1030 Odus Drive.
* Hearing to consider the rezoning of the property at 709 E. Main St. from professional office district to general commercial district.
Power and light committee
* Setting an e-cycle electronic waste collection event for April 24 at the Jackson Recycling Center.
* Resolution of support for the Clean Air Action Plan, which are strategies to reduce ozone pollution.
* The city of Jackson's intent to participate in the Show Me Green Sales Tax Holiday.
* Authorizing an agreement with the Missouri Department of Conservation, under its Community Assistance Program, regarding the cooperative management of Litz Park Lake.
* Accepting the dedication of sanitary sewer easement deeds for the Elwanda Drive Relief Sewer Project.
* Accepting the bid of Power Line Consultants of Farmington, Mo., in the amount of $45,825.00, regarding the Highway 25 electric relocation project.
* Authorizing a contractual agreement with Power Line Consultants for the Highway 25 electric relocation project.
* Approving a special-use permit for gunsmithing as a home occupation at 1430 Douglas Drive.
* Approving a special-use permit for catering as a home occupation at 1030 Odus Drive.
* Rezoning of the property at 709 E. Main St. from professional office district to general commercial district.
* The voluntary annexation of the property at 1275 W. Independence St.
* Repealing and adding speed limit designations in certain areas of U.S. 61.
* Abandoning a right-of-way deed of dedication and a temporary construction easement deed from the McKendree Chapel Memorial Association, regarding the South Old Orchard Road Improvement Project.
* Accepting the dedication of a right-of-way deeds of dedication, temporary construction easement deeds and permanent access and utility easement deeds, regarding the South Old Orchard Road Improvement Project.
* Accepting the dedication of temporary construction easement deeds, regarding the North Hope Street Improvement Project.