- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
"The Show Me Sellout" Gains Momentum & Announces Fan-Friendly Activities
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. - The Southeast Missouri Department of Athletics has added a number of fun and exciting events to "The Show Me Sellout," its department wide effort to sellout the Show Me Center for the final basketball games of the season on Saturday, Feb. 27.
Since the official announcement of "The Show Me Sellout" last week, over 3,000 tickets have been sold and allocated.
"It's incredibly exciting how the Southeast Missouri community and surrounding areas have latched on and supported this effort," said Southeast head men's basketball coach Dickey Nutt. "Our team is really excited and I encourage you to be a part of the event if you have not done so already."
An aggressive effort has also been mobilized to engage Southeast students to pack the 850-seat "Redhawks Nest" student section. All Redhawk Basketball games are free for Southeast students with a valid ID.
"Our students can make a huge difference by being loud and enthusiastic," Nutt stated. "We need that student-section to be loud and rocking to help lead us to victory."
Fans who attend "The Show Me Sellout" are invited to participate in the following activities:
Between the Women's & Men's Games (6:30-7:45 p.m.) - Upper Level East Concourse:
* Face painting for kids
* Photos with Rowdy the Redhawk
* Autograph stations with Redhawk teams
* More to be announced....
In-Game Entertainment will include:
* Women's and Men's Basketball senior student-athlete ceremonies
* Live National Anthem & ROTC Color guard performance
* Performances by the Sundancers and Southeast Cheerleaders
* Recognition of Redhawk student-athlete achievements
* Fun-fan contests for students and the public with exciting prizes
* Additional exciting elements to be announced....
Specially priced group tickets for "The Show Me Sellout" can be purchased for $5 each, with a minimum purchase of 20 tickets. Redhawk fans can also sponsor tickets for area youth groups, providing an opportunity for those who might not otherwise have the ability to attend a game. Those wishing to sponsor a group can donate the purchased tickets to the department of athletics and they will be distributed on their behalf.
Southeast last had a sellout when 7,241 fans packed the Show Me Center for a game against Murray State on Feb. 12, 2000.
For more information regarding this effort, please contact the Southeast Athletics ticket office at (573) 651-2113.