- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
"The Show Me Sellout" Gains Momentum & Announces Fan-Friendly Activities
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. - The Southeast Missouri Department of Athletics has added a number of fun and exciting events to "The Show Me Sellout," its department wide effort to sellout the Show Me Center for the final basketball games of the season on Saturday, Feb. 27.
Since the official announcement of "The Show Me Sellout" last week, over 3,000 tickets have been sold and allocated.
"It's incredibly exciting how the Southeast Missouri community and surrounding areas have latched on and supported this effort," said Southeast head men's basketball coach Dickey Nutt. "Our team is really excited and I encourage you to be a part of the event if you have not done so already."
An aggressive effort has also been mobilized to engage Southeast students to pack the 850-seat "Redhawks Nest" student section. All Redhawk Basketball games are free for Southeast students with a valid ID.
"Our students can make a huge difference by being loud and enthusiastic," Nutt stated. "We need that student-section to be loud and rocking to help lead us to victory."
Fans who attend "The Show Me Sellout" are invited to participate in the following activities:
Between the Women's & Men's Games (6:30-7:45 p.m.) - Upper Level East Concourse:
* Face painting for kids
* Photos with Rowdy the Redhawk
* Autograph stations with Redhawk teams
* More to be announced....
In-Game Entertainment will include:
* Women's and Men's Basketball senior student-athlete ceremonies
* Live National Anthem & ROTC Color guard performance
* Performances by the Sundancers and Southeast Cheerleaders
* Recognition of Redhawk student-athlete achievements
* Fun-fan contests for students and the public with exciting prizes
* Additional exciting elements to be announced....
Specially priced group tickets for "The Show Me Sellout" can be purchased for $5 each, with a minimum purchase of 20 tickets. Redhawk fans can also sponsor tickets for area youth groups, providing an opportunity for those who might not otherwise have the ability to attend a game. Those wishing to sponsor a group can donate the purchased tickets to the department of athletics and they will be distributed on their behalf.
Southeast last had a sellout when 7,241 fans packed the Show Me Center for a game against Murray State on Feb. 12, 2000.
For more information regarding this effort, please contact the Southeast Athletics ticket office at (573) 651-2113.