- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Oran woman injured in Friday morning crash
A 70-year-old Oran, Mo., woman received what the Missouri State Highway Patrol deemed moderate injuries in a Friday morning crash, according to the patrol's online crash reports site.
Cleda A. Curtis was injured in a crash at 8:10 a.m. Friday on Highway 74, five miles south of Cape Girardeau. The crash occurred when Curtis was driving eastbound and pulled into the path of a vehicle driven by 22-year-old Kimberly A. Eftink of Cape Girardeau, who was driving westbound. Curtis was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center. Both drivers were wearing seat belts.
The highway patrol reported extensive damage to both vehicles.