- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Cape Girardeau man issued summons for allegedly patronizing prostitution
A Cape Girardeau man was issued a summons by police Thursday for allegedly patronizing prostitution on a city street from his car.
Bobby J. Sheppard, 31, 624 N. Fountain St., was issued a summons and released by police.
A woman called police around 1:40 p.m. to report that a man had pulled up beside her as she was walking at William and Lorimier streets, asking if she needed a ride, Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Cpl. Adam Glueck said. The woman told police she refused, and the man asked if she wanted to make money by performing a sexual act on him.
The woman told police she refused the proposition and continued walking, but the man pulled up beside her and propositioned her again.
Glueck said the woman was able to give a description of the suspect and his vehicle and the license plate number, which led police to Sheppard.
Sheppard is scheduled to appear in Cape Girardeau municipal court March 16.