- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
USS Clinton Crewmen's group plans reunion for October
The USS Clinton Crewmen's Reunion Association is looking for crewmen and families to attend the 17th annual reunion Oct. 11 to 15 in Reno, Nev. For membership and reunion information, contact Duncan E. Atkinson, reunion coordinator at 1510 19th Ave. North, Texas City, TX 77590 or at 409-945-6148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks and Rec Department plans trip to St. Louis Blues game
The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreational Department is charting a bus March 21 to see the St. Louis Blues take on the Nashville Predators at the Scottrade Center. The bus will be leaving the Osage Community Centre at 1 p.m., with the game scheduled to begin at 4. Tickets are $60 per person and include ticket to the game and transportation. In addition, this is a free food game, so water, soda and a variety of food will be available during the first and second periods of the game. Call 339-6340 for tickets.
Celebrate Hope proceeds to help build orphanage in Africa
The Venue will be hosting an "Celebrate Hope" event Feb. 27. It will include special guest speaker Janine Maxwell, vice president of Heart for Africa. The event will start at 6:30 p.m. and include hors d'oeuvres, music, dancing and a silent auction, with all proceeds going toward the Heart for Africa to build an orphanage in Swaziland, Africa. Tickets for this event will be $50 per couple and $30 for individual tickets. Call 651-9070 for more information.