- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Ruchte - Fletcher
Jill Christine Ruchte and Lt. James Samuel Fletcher were married Nov. 21, 2009, at the U.S. Naval Academy Chapel in Annapolis, Md.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Q. Andrew Ruchte of Manchester, Mo. Dr. and Mrs. James L. Fletcher Jr. of Savannah, Ga., are parents of the groom.
Groomsmen included Jonathan Anderson, and bridesmaids included Sarah Miles and Abigail Carter, sisters of the groom, all formerly of Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Fletcher was home-educated and graduated in 2007. She completed two years at Grove City College in Grove City, Pa., and plans to continue her education in communications and political science.
Fletcher is a 1999 graduate of Central High School in Cape Girardeau, and a 2003 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy. He received a master's degree in international relations from the University of Maryland at College Park. He flew F/A-18F Super Hornets on combat missions over Iraq, and subsequently served as an admiral's aide in Washington, D.C. He is teaching political science at the Naval Academy.
The couple resides in Annapolis.