- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)11
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)12
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)11
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)23
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Missouri Coalition for Quality Care
At some point in our lives, many of us are faced with the dilemma of how to manage the care of our aging parents or a disabled loved one. We want to make informed decisions about long-term care, but we might not fully understand what options are available. Home care may be a viable option, or a nursing home may be the only solution. The decision to put someone in a nursing home will probably be the most difficult decision you will make in your life. You hope and pray the chosen nursing home is a good one, but how can you be sure? The Missouri Coalition for Quality Care (MCQC) can help.
MCQC is a non-profit organization concerned with the care and protection of the elderly and disabled in Missouri. The organization was established to evoke improvement in the quality of care and quality of life experienced by nursing facility residents and in-home care clients in the state of Missouri. This is done by monitoring programs of state agencies to make sure there are effective standards, regulations, and sanctions for long term care services. In addition, MCQC monitors Missouri's laws and regulations about types of long-term care services and in-home care and assisted living needs of older and disabled persons.
By accessing the MCQC website: mcqc.com, you will find a wealth of information about proposed legislation, references for finding an assisted living facility, in-home care information, nursing home compliance, and much more.
If you are interested in making sure that older or disabled persons live their lives with dignity and that they obtain the care they need in a humane manner, you are invited become a member of the Missouri Coalition for Quality Care. For further information or to become a member, e-mail: email@example.com. Or call 1-888-262-5644.