- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
LONGTOWN, Mo. -- Flora E. Bohnert, 86, of Longtown died Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2010, at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville.
She was born Jan. 1, 1924, in Longtown, daughter of Benjamin William and Christine Ella Hemmann Bohnert. She and Roy Robert Bohnert were married April 5, 1942. He preceded her in death Sept. 10, 1977.
Mrs. Bohnert had been a nurse aide at Ann Patterson Nursing Home. She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church in Longtown.
Survivors include five daughters, Barbara (John) Priest of Nichols, Iowa, Fran Bohnert of Longtown, Becky (Joseph) Zintel of Erie, Colo., Patricia (Howard) Smith of Tacoma, Wash., Charlotte (James) Farrar of Perryville; three sons, William (Lydia) Bohnert of Perryville, Matthew (Sara) Bohnert of Altenburg, Mo., Travis Bohnert of Clarksville, Tenn.; a sister, Lydia Schubert of Sedgewickville, Mo.; 15 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter, Margaret Lee Bohnert; three brothers, Rudolph, Jack and Martin Bohnert; three sisters, Rose Meyer, Marie Bohnert, Elvira Bohnert; a grandson, Tyson Priest; and a great-grandson, Tyler Priest.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday at Zion Lutheran Church in Longtown.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Paul Winningham officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Zion Lutheran Cemetery in Longtown.
Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville is in charge of arrangements.