- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Florence Emerson, 68, of Chaffee died Thursday, Feb. 11, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 11, 1941, at Oran, Mo., daughter of Raymond and Lucille Isaacs Emerson Jr.
Florence retired as a waitress from Harrah's Casino in Las Vegas and as a truck driver with S&S Trucking in Denver. She was a member of Calvary Baptist Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include three sons, Ralph McDonald of Cape Girardeau, Gerald McDonald of Pahrump, Nev., Danny McDonald of Las Vegas; a daughter, Leslie Studley of Las Vegas; two brothers, Jim Emerson of Chaffee, Bradley Emerson of Kennett, Mo.; five sisters, Ginny Grant and Brenda Schwepker of Morley, Mo., Glenda Emerson and Kay Emerson of Scott City, Cheryl Young of Virginia Beach, Va.; seven grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a nephew.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jack Bishop officiating. Burial will be in Old Morley Cemetery at Morley.