- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- George Bloodworth, 91, of Anna died Wednesday, April 20, 2005, at City Care Center in Cobden, Ill.
He was born Dec. 27, 1913, in West Frankfort, Ill., son of Alfred and Myrtle Bloodworth. He and Lenore Thomas were married Feb. 15, 1938, in Anna.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Wilma Limpert of Arnold, Mo., Janet Kazee of Memphis, Tenn.; a son, Willard Bloodworth of Granite City, Ill.; three brothers, Bonnie Bloodworth of Mohammed, Ill., James Bloodworth of Livingston, Ill., Dean Bloodworth of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; two sisters, Mildred Sheppard and Rosie Smith of Anna; six grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. William Nale officiating. Burial will be in McGinnis Cemetery near Anna.