- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)5
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)8
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Speak Out 2/9/10
LET'S get this straight. The bond issue for schools is a form of a loan. The bond issue is for $40 million. I will gladly vote for this bond issue if the school system shows responsibility like that required of any of us and comes up with a 15 percent down payment. $6 million should be saved before another penny is borrowed. I'm tired of the 100 percent financing.
JUST as warm fruit salad isn't wine, a lot of the music played today is just sound.
Back to work
OK, girls, we've had our fun. We stuck it to the Bushies in 2008, but it's 2010. We've got to clean up the mess we made getting even. It was a blowout party, and we had a great time. Now it's time to come to our senses and get on with rebuilding our economy and putting our house back in order. We all know socialism doesn't work. It looks nice on paper, but it's been tried so many times in so many places, and it has failed miserably every time. We don't need to go that far. Time to grow up.
REPUBLICANS. take note of this good advice: "If we finally fail in this great and glorious contest, it will be by bewildering ourselves in groping for the middle way." (John Adams, 1776)
Like the gardener
IF the Republicans could have named anyone to help them take over the Senate and House and win the presidency in 2012, they couldn't have picked anyone better than Barack Obama. I've never seen anything like what's going on now. Obama reminds me of Forrest Gump or that guy in the movie "Being There" where people thought a gardener knew what he was doing and took his advice. At the end of the movie, someone said, "You really are a gardener, aren't you." Peter Sellers portrayed the gardener.
READING the article, "Judge: Missouri following broken strategy." I can attest to the truth of what the judge said. My son has been in and out of jail since he was 17 years old. He's 28 now. The only thing inmates learn is how to be worse. My son has had a violent history, smokes a little dope and does a little drinking, but he gets shoved in with violent inmates who teach each other how to do bad things. I hope people will listen.