- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Rev. Grover Cook
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- The Rev. Grover Cleveland Cook, 90, of Marble Hill died Monday, Feb. 8, 2010, at Woodland Care Facility.
He was born March 23, 1919, at Hurricane, Mo., son of Adam and Kizzie Caroline Langston Cook. He and Aslee Long were married March 25, 1939.
Cook was ordained March 29, 1975. He was a member of Hurricane Fork General Baptist Church and was a woodworker.
Survivors include his wife, Aslee Cook of Marble Hill; a son, the Rev. Cecil (Velda) Cook of Edwardsville, Ill.; two daughters, Gladys (Perry) Welker of Fenton, Mo., Naomi (Jim) Null of Marble Hill; grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two daughters, Betty Campbell and Norma Webb; five brothers, Charlie, Tom, Henry, Perl and John Dave; four sisters, Bertha Cook, Annie Long, Ruby Hanners, Ivy Nelson; and a granddaughter, Iris Null.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Hurricane Fork Church, with the Revs. Clint Cook and Steve Sander officiating. Burial will be in Hurricane Fork Cemetery near Marble Hill.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Tri County Hospice.
Condolences may be left at www.lileyfuneralhomes.com.