- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Maedean Garland, 86, of Marble Hill died Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010, in Marble Hill.
She was born March 29, 1923, in Bessville, Mo., daughter of Amon and Eliza Jane Pulliam Cook. She and Ransom J. "Mann" Garland were married March 26, 1938. He preceded her in death Nov. 2, 1991.
Maedean was a member of Hurricane Fork General Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry L. (Faye) Garland and Bill R. (Gail) Garland of Marble Hill; two daughters, Velda (Larry) Doggett of Sedgewickville, Mo., Judy (Ken) Liley of Marble Hill; a son-in-law, Wayne Schmitt of St. Louis; seven grandchildren, Chris Liley, Michael Liley, Mike Garland, Stephania Doggett, Kevin Garland, Jeff Garland and Kassi Duffield; nine great-grandchildren, Danielle, Joshua, Adam, Austin, Annie, Jake, Kalli, Bryant and Isaac.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two daughters, Betty Schmitt and Lisa Garland; a brother, Earl Cook; and a sister, Carmen Davis.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, with the Revs. Steven Sander, Jeff Garland and Micah Bristow officiating. Burial will be in Hurricane Fork Cemetery near Marble Hill.