- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jerry Golden Sr.
Jerry Wayne Golden Sr., 62, of Jackson passed away Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 27, 1947, at Neely's Landing, son of Ralph and Martha "Mattie" McClard Golden. He and Carol Cora were married April 9, 1974, in Tijuana, Mexico.
Jerry worked at the former Coca-Cola Plant in Jackson before moving to California in 1971. While there he worked at a bakery and then worked 13 years restoring antique furniture. He returned to Jackson in 1988, where he worked in the kitchen at Jackson Manor 16 years. He has been a custodian at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson since 2000. He was a member of New Bethel Baptist Church near Pocahontas.
Loving survivors include his wife; two sons, Greg Cotner of St. Louis, Jerry (Lesli) Golden of Jackson; three daughters, Michele (Dan) Klein of Du Quoin, Ill., Laura (Bill) Moore of New Wells, Tammy (Derek) Gant of Jackson; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son, Jeff Cotner.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Rhodes officiating. Interment will be in New Bethel Cemetery near Pocahontas.
Memorials may be made to New Bethel Cemetery Fund.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family on-line at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.