- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Four arrested for meth in Jackson
A traffic stop by a Jackson police officer Wednesday led to the discovery of a mobile methamphetamine lab and the arrest of four people, the police chief said.
Charges had not been filed late Wednesday, but chief James Humphreys said he anticipated that all four would be charged with attempted manufacture of meth.
During the traffic stop, which took place about 7:30, police said the driver of a vehicle fled. Jackson police received help from the Cape Girardeau Police Department's K-9 unit in tracking the suspect. Hours later, Humphreys said the suspect called police and gave himself up.
Along with the discovery of the makings of a meth lab in the vehicle, police found other items related to the making of the drug in three homes.