- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Nadine Vera Fitzgerald, 84, of San Diego, Calif., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Wednesday, April 13, 2005, at St. Paul McColl Health Center in San Diego.
She was born Nov. 28, 1920, at Rocky Comfort, Mo., daughter of John Edward and Zola Alice Spiva McNeil. She first married Aaron Wilson and later married Thomas Fitzgerald, both of whom preceded her in death.
Fitzgerald had been an office nurse and a bookkeeper.
Survivors include a daughter, Joy Spradling of San Diego; a stepdaughter, Judy Singleton of Cape Girardeau; two stepsons, Thomas Fitzgerald Jr. of Cape Girardeau, Jerry Fitzgerald of Texas; nine grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Centenary United Methodist Church Thursday from noon until time of service.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the church, with Dr. Clayton Smith officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.