- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Hester V. Lynch, 79, of Fresno, Calif., died Tuesday, April 19, 2005, at St. Agnes Hospital in Fresno.
She was born July 8, 1925, in Jackson, daughter of James and Laura Bollinger. She and Don Lynch were married Nov. 3, 1945, in Los Angeles, Calif.
Lynch was a 1942 graduate of Jackson High School, and attended Cape Business College. She had worked at International Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau, moved to California in 1944 and worked at the Naval Base in Port Chicago.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Gary Lynch of Simi Valley, Calif.; three daughters, Diane Tayrien of Yuma, Ariz., Donna Blohm and Mary Swarts of Clovis, Calif.; a sister, Bernice Haynes of Jackson; a brother, James Bollinger of Marquand, Mo.; eight granddaughters; and two great-granddaughters.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at St. Paul Newman Center in Fresno.
Announcement courtesy of McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.