- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Leona M. Bucher, 92, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, April 17, 2005, at her home.
She was born Feb. 9, 1913, at New Hamburg, Mo., daughter of Albert and Mary Uhrhan Goetz. She and Frank J. Bucher were married Aug. 5, 1930, at New Hamburg. He died Nov. 6, 1986.
Mrs. Bucher was a ward clerk at the old Saint Francis Hospital, and had worked at Ely Walker in Scott City. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau and its Women's Council, Legion of Mary, Miraculous Medal and St. Vincent's Quilters.
Survivors include a daughter, Ella Friese of Cape Girardeau; two granddaughters, Debbie Friese of Cape Girardeau, Tina Magill of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; two great-grandsons, Justin and Josh Magill of Poplar Bluff; and a sister, Arnita Boruch of Chicago.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Alma Lape; and two brothers, Leo and Sylvester Goetz.
Friends may call at St. Vincent de Paul Church from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and Thursday from 9 a.m. until time of service. Parish prayers will be at 6 tonight.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Charlie Prost officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Family members request memorials to the charity of your choice.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel at Scott City is in charge of arrangements.