- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
More Wildlife at Crooked Creek ...Coyotes
Two coyote packs reside in the surrounding hills. They are often heard howling and yipping each night which makes for an interesting chorus as my pack of german shepherds howls back to the coyotes.
Rarely seen during daytime hours, this was an unusual sighting of a coyote pair in the cow pasture as they hunted mice, rabbits and small mammals in the field.