- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
More Wildlife at Crooked Creek ...Coyotes
Two coyote packs reside in the surrounding hills. They are often heard howling and yipping each night which makes for an interesting chorus as my pack of german shepherds howls back to the coyotes.
Rarely seen during daytime hours, this was an unusual sighting of a coyote pair in the cow pasture as they hunted mice, rabbits and small mammals in the field.