- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
More Wildlife at Crooked Creek ...Coyotes
Two coyote packs reside in the surrounding hills. They are often heard howling and yipping each night which makes for an interesting chorus as my pack of german shepherds howls back to the coyotes.
Rarely seen during daytime hours, this was an unusual sighting of a coyote pair in the cow pasture as they hunted mice, rabbits and small mammals in the field.