Late night fire in Chaffee guts home

Thursday, February 4, 2010 ~ Updated 8:28 AM

CHAFFEE, Mo. - A that began in an attic gutted a home late Wednesday night.

Firefighters from Chaffee and Oran responded to 309 N. Third St. around 9:30 p.m. Chaffee Fire Chief Sam Glency said that when firefighters arrived the home was engulfed in flames, though the homeowners escaped without injury.

Glency said the homeowners were watching television when the lights went out. One family member then ventured outside the home to get a flashlight inside a vehicle when he noticed a glowing red color showing from inside the attic.

About an hour after arriving on the scene crews contained the fire. Glency believes the fire was caused by something electrical in the attic.

Comments
Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: