- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Late night fire in Chaffee guts home
CHAFFEE, Mo. - A that began in an attic gutted a home late Wednesday night.
Firefighters from Chaffee and Oran responded to 309 N. Third St. around 9:30 p.m. Chaffee Fire Chief Sam Glency said that when firefighters arrived the home was engulfed in flames, though the homeowners escaped without injury.
Glency said the homeowners were watching television when the lights went out. One family member then ventured outside the home to get a flashlight inside a vehicle when he noticed a glowing red color showing from inside the attic.
About an hour after arriving on the scene crews contained the fire. Glency believes the fire was caused by something electrical in the attic.