- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Zelma Mary Snider Gale, 96, of Advance died Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2010, at Advance Nursing Home.
She was born Sept. 22, 1913, in Seventy-Six, Mo., to Lewis E. and Ida Penny Smith. She was married to Milford Snider, who preceded her in death in 1967. She later married Arthur Gale in 1981 at Ava, Ill., who also preceded her in death.
Most of Zelma's life was spent in Red Star before she retired from International Shoe Co. in 1940. She moved to Ava in 1981, and then back to Advance in 2003. She was a member of Sandridge Baptist Church, and former member of Red Star Baptist Church.
Survivors include a nephew, Don Smith of Advance; along with several other nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four brothers and six sisters.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.