- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Grace Elizabeth Duschell, 90, of Jackson died Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2010, at Monticello House.
She was born Dec. 16, 1919, in Locksburg, Ark., to Henry James and Jeffie Lee Brockham Farmer. She and Harry Raymond Duschell were married May 3, 1949, in Dexter, Mo. He preceded her in death Jan. 2, 1997.
Grace worked many years at the former International Shoe Co. until it closed, and then several years at Thorngate Ltd. in Cape Girardeau before retiring.
Survivors include two sons, Brad (Marcia) Duschell of Arizona, Brian (Phyllis) Duschell of Jackson; a daughter, Jean (Kenneth) Tritschler of Arizona; seven grandchildren; a brother, Bob Farmer of Pinckneyville, Ill.; a sister, Marge Abernathy of Wolf Lake, Ill.; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Besides her husband she was preceded in death by three sisters, two brothers, several nieces and nephews.
Friends may call from noon to service time Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Southeast Missouri Hospital Foundation for Alzheimer's-Dementia.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome. com.