- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Violet C. Moore, 85, of Chaffee died Thursday, Jan. 28, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 25, 1924, in Perkins, Mo., daughter of the late Charles and Hazel Marcus Standley. She and Buford Carter were married Jan. 23, 1943. He preceded her in death March 8, 1950.
Violet retired from maintenance with National Cleaning in St. Louis and was a member of the Missionary Baptist Church in Perkins.
Survivors include two sons, Joe Crader of Chaffee, Randy Moore of House Springs, Mo.; two daughters, Margie White of Chaffee, Brenda Moore of Sikeston, Mo.; a sister, Verble Bumgardaner of Oran, Mo.; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sons, a daughter, a sister and two brothers.
There is no service.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.