Cape council agenda
Monday, April 18, 2005
7 p.m. today
City hall, 401 Independence St.
Study session at 5 p.m.
(Second and third readings)
* An ordinance accepting a receiver's deed from High Ridge Partners Inc. for the property at 2007 Southern Expressway.
* An ordinance rezoning 2948 Bloomfield Road from residential to commercial.
* An ordinance establishing a no-parking zone in front of the Red House on Main Street.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Rock Creek Meadows Townhouses Phase 3.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Orchard Park subdivision.
* An ordinance setting an election for Aug. 2 to extend the half-cent transportation sales tax for another five years.
* An ordinance authorizing and directing the issuance of special obligation bonds totaling $8.4 million to construct a new fire station, renovate the police station, purchase fire trucks and police cars, and pay for the purchase of the city's new public works building.
* A resolution to execute an agreement with Associated Sheet Metal for heating and cooling modifications at the Cape Girardeau Police Department at a cost of $186,000.
* A resolution to execute a contract with Bowen Engineering and Surveying Inc.
* A resolution to execute an amendment to the contract with Bowen Engineering and Surveying Inc. for the widening of Mount Auburn Road from William Street to Bloomfield Road.
* Appointments to the Airport Advisory Board.
* Discussion regarding the city's 2006 bicentennial celebration.
* A motion accepting sanitary sewer improvements serving 2536 Masters Drive.