- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
State Academic Champions!
On January 30, eight students from Trinity Lutheran School competed in the Lutheran Sports Association of Missouri's Academic Competition. Sixteen teams from around the state met head to head, despite the wintry weather. Trinity's Panthers took first place in the state, defeating a team from Christ Community Lutheran School, St. Louis in the finals. Congratulations to 8th graders: Danielle Childers, Maci Daniel, Jacquelyn Kiefner, Alex Masters, and Chandler Short, 7th graders: Abby Breite, Lauren Buerck, and Joshua Vogel, and coaches, Chris Breite and Melanie Martens.