- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
State Academic Champions!
On January 30, eight students from Trinity Lutheran School competed in the Lutheran Sports Association of Missouri's Academic Competition. Sixteen teams from around the state met head to head, despite the wintry weather. Trinity's Panthers took first place in the state, defeating a team from Christ Community Lutheran School, St. Louis in the finals. Congratulations to 8th graders: Danielle Childers, Maci Daniel, Jacquelyn Kiefner, Alex Masters, and Chandler Short, 7th graders: Abby Breite, Lauren Buerck, and Joshua Vogel, and coaches, Chris Breite and Melanie Martens.