- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Donald Dean Huston, 78, of Jackson passed away Jan. 28, 2010, at his home, after a lingering illness.
He was born Dec. 13, 1931, in Mattoon, Ill., to Charles F. and Clara "Maude" Smith Huston.
He and Audrey Bridges-Dover were married Sept. 3, 1989.
Don was a 1951 graduate of McCray Dewey High School in Troy, Ill. After high school, he did carpentry work with his father and brother. He then joined the U.S. Navy, serving from Jan. 27, 1955, to Jan. 26, 1957.
He was employed 30 years as a supervisor of operations in St. Louis for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, retiring in 1989.
In addition to his loving wife, Audrey, Don is survived by two stepsons, Eddie and Scott Dover, both of Jackson; two stepdaughters, Amy (Jeff) Ressel of Scott City, Robin (Brian) Bench of Rolla, Mo.; and seven stepgrandchildren.
Also surviving is a brother, Chester (Thelma) Huston of Troy; two nephews, Dean (Teresa) Huston of Freeburg, Ill., Stan (Vivian) Huston of Troy; two nieces, Marcy (John) Hardwick of Murfreesboro, Tenn., Tona (Rick) Walker of Troy; and several great-nephews and great-nieces.
At Don's request, there will be no services.
Expressions of sympathy may be made to VNA Hospice.
Arrangements by McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.