- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Georgia Ann Baudendistel
Georgia Ann Story Baudendistel, 64, a resident of Cape Girardeau and formerly of Charleston, Mo., died Friday, Jan. 29, 2010, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
Born Aug. 31, 1945, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of the late Hilda Lee Gardner, she was raised and lived in Cairo until 1965 at which time she moved to Missouri. She was of the Methodist belief.
She and the late Ray Baudendistel were married and had one son, Billy Baudendistel. Billy and his wife Amy Baudendistel of Cape Girardeau survive.
Also surviving are one grandson, Carson Brey Baudendistel of Cape Girardeau; cousins J.B. and Joyce McClendon of Anniston, Mo.; Cleatus and Lori Roy and Bob and Candi Grant, all of Norris City, Ill.; also a number of other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by one daughter, Lee Ann Presson, and by her uncle and aunt, Jesse and Karen McClendon.
Friends may call from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston. Graveside services will follow at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at Arlington Cemetery i n Arlington, Ky. The Rev. Robert Griggs of St. Louis will officiate.
Interment will follow under the direction of McMikle Funeral Home.
Pallbearers will be Cleatus Roy, Bob Grant, Stacy McClendon, Ryan McClendon, Kenny McClendon, Shannon Bowles, Jeremy Bohannon, Jackie Whiteside, J.B. McClendon and John Bledsoe.
Online condolences may be shared at www.mcmiklefuneralhome.com.