- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Johnnie David Henson, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Jan. 28, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Aug. 28, 1929, in Millersville, to R.W. Henson and Lillie Snowmills. He and Barbara Wolford were married Aug. 18, 1976, in Cape Girardeau.
Henson grew up in Millersville. He worked for Davis Electric Co. many years and then worked 34 years at Missouri Utilities, where he retired.
Survivors include his wife, Barbara Henson of Cape Girardeau; three sons, Stan Smith and Shane Selsor of Jackson, Tom Selsor of Gordonville; three daughters, Donna Johnson of Cape Girardeau, Connie DeCourley of Carlyle, Ill., Pam Henson of Garland, Texas; a sister, Mildred Lunderby of Paynesville, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; first wife, Luetta R. Hahn; and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Louis Todd officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.