- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Barbara Jean Salvaggio, 77, of Jackson died Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2010, at her home.
She was born Nov. 23, 1932, in St. Louis, daughter of Adolph B. and Ella T. Statler Cowan. She and Joseph Salvaggio were married in 1978. He died Jan. 25, 1988.
Barbara graduated from Crystal City High School in 1951. She was a waitress more than 25 years at Schnucks Restaurant in St. Louis. She was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson.
Survivors include a son, Bruce (Polly) Holten of Jackson; a daughter, Beth (Gary) Nance of LaVergne, Tenn.; three grandchildren, Bradley and Jenna Holten, and Chelsea Nance.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 9 a.m. Friday at New McKendree Church, with the Rev. Jimmie Corbin officiating. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.
Memorials may be made to Crown Hospice.