- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Barbara Jean Salvaggio, 77, of Jackson died Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2010, at her home.
She was born Nov. 23, 1932, in St. Louis, daughter of Adolph B. and Ella T. Statler Cowan. She and Joseph Salvaggio were married in 1978. He died Jan. 25, 1988.
Barbara graduated from Crystal City High School in 1951. She was a waitress more than 25 years at Schnucks Restaurant in St. Louis. She was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson.
Survivors include a son, Bruce (Polly) Holten of Jackson; a daughter, Beth (Gary) Nance of LaVergne, Tenn.; three grandchildren, Bradley and Jenna Holten, and Chelsea Nance.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 9 a.m. Friday at New McKendree Church, with the Rev. Jimmie Corbin officiating. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.
Memorials may be made to Crown Hospice.