- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Lisa Lou Crites Stricker, 54, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 22, 2010, at home, with her two children at her side, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Beloved mother of Jill Carney Stricker (Bryan) of Noblesville, Ind., Derek of Los Angeles, Calif.; precious daughter of the late George "Tom" Crites and Mary of Jackson; beloved sister of Linda (David) Bollinger of Jackson, Jeannie (Chris) Starr of Charleston, Mo., Jeff (Nancy) of Ocoee, Fla., and Lori (Mark) Wasikowski of Tucson, Ariz.; dear friend of Greg Stricker, Chuck Jost and his granddaughters.
Survived by many aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and abundant friends.
Lisa's passions were her family, friends, running and triathlons, camping, winery tours, being on and working on TV, helping others via Meals on Wheels and Kingdom House, the Gulf of Mexico and pelicans.
Member of North Hills United Methodist Church. A longtime employee of Emerson YMCA, she strived to help others reach their fitness goals. She spent many years with "World News Report," "American Magazine," "American Alive!" and "Pathways Through Astrology" cable shows, often interviewing world-famous authors.
Lisa was a 1973 graduate of Jackson High School and a 1977 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University.
Visitation is from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday at Hutchens Mortuary, 675 Graham Road, Florissant, Mo.
A celebration of life service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the mortuary.
Lisa wished that in lieu of flowers donations be made to the charity for which she put in so much time, Kingdom House: www.kingdomhouse.org/giving.php.
A second memorial service will be held at noon Sunday at New McKendree Church, 209 S. High St.in Jackson.
Please visit Lisa's memorial legacy website at memorialwebsites.legacy.com/LisaCritesStricker/homepage.aspx to leave your memories.