- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Juanita Matthews Edwards, 75, of Sikeston died Sunday, Jan. 24, 2010, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Aug. 14, 1934, in Clarksville, Ark., to the late Flora Lee and Herbert Spencer Matthews.
Edwards was a member of First Christian Church. She retired from Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Herbert Spencer Matthews Jr., James Matthews; four sisters, Benna Lee Matthews, Clara Matthews, Lynn Dempster, Jo Sikes; and a granddaughter, Lacey Edwards.
Survivors include a sister, Alice Gardner of Sikeston; a daughter and son-in-law, Lisa and Greg Colwick of Sikeston; two sons, Kevin V. Edwards of Cape Girardeau, Spencer L. Edwards of Sikeston; grandchildren, Dr. Sarah E. Colwick of New Haven, Conn., Rachel and Seth Colwick of Cape Girardeau, Colton V., Natalee and Lexie Edwards, and their mother, Diane Edwards of Cape Girardeau; Alex, Caroline and William S. Edwards and their mother, Carrie Edwards of St. Louis; special nieces and nephews-in-law, Pam and Bill Waltrip of Sikeston, Vicki and Tom Burke of Eureka, Mo.; extra-special great-niece, Kimberly D. Waltrip of Nashville, Tenn.; and many other nieces, nephews and special friends, including the staff at MDMC and Clearview Nursing Center.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at First Christian Church, with the Rev. Mary McCord, pastor, officiating. Graveside service will follow at Sikeston Memorial Park Cemetery.
Ponder Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial donations may be sent to Missouri Delta Medical Center, 1008 N. Main St., Sikeston, MO 63801, or First Christian Church, 1006 N. Main St., Sikeston, MO 63801.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www. ponderfuneralhome.com.