- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
STURDIVANT, Mo. -- Albert James Jordan, 79, of Sturdivant passed away Friday, Jan. 22, 2010, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Aug. 13, 1930, in Painton, Mo., son of James Albert and Connie Florence Bass Jordan.
Albert was of the Baptist belief. He was retired from the construction and roofing industry.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy and served in World War II.
Survivors include two sons, James Jordan of Gray Summit, Mo., Keith Jordan of Advance, Mo.; two daughters, Linda Niswanger of Cadet, Mo., Pamela Nix of Delta; a brother, Alfred Jordan of Advance; two sisters, Geneva Bandy of Fenton, Mo., Maxine Jordan of Missouri; seven grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, Charles and Calvin Jordan, and three sisters, Ovven Jordan, Freda Young and Ann Haas.
The funeral will be at 9:45 a.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance. Burial will follow in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo., with full military honors.