- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Walter Ray Eye, 62, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Jan. 23, 2010, at his home.
He was born Sept. 10, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, to Oral and Marie Vincent Eye. He and Sarah Brooks were married Oct. 6, 2008.
Walter was a forklift operator at National Vending.
He is survived by his wife, Sarah; three sons, Darrel Eye of St. Louis, Carl and Jeff Eye of Illinois; two stepsons, Charles Park of Jonesboro, Ill., Denver Brooks of Cape Girardeau; five stepdaughters, Rose Park, Candie Mills, Amanda Salinas, Lorett Conner and Melanie Brooks, all of Cape Girardeau; 20 grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; three stepbrothers; two stepsisters; and a best friend, Charles Park Sr.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 2 p.m. to service time Wednesday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 4 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Pastor Ronald Knapp officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.