- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Ted R. Walker, 73, of Advance passed away Monday, Jan. 25, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 27, 1936, at McGee, Mo., son of Bill and Margaret Oliver Walker. He and Lucille Dellinger Gregory were married May 25, 1974, at Arab, Mo.
Ted retired from Ryder Truck Lines in 1988.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army serving in the Korean conflict.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Rob (Debbie) Walker of Diamond, Mo., Scott (Vicky) Walker of Wentzville, Mo.; a daughter, Kathy (Earl) Hopkins of Neosho, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Connie (Leo) Enderle of Chaffee, Mo.; two brothers, Bob Walker of Demopolis, Ala., Bud Walker of McGee; two sisters, Ann Welker of Brownwood, Mo., Billie Jo Morris of St. Louis; six grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Revs. Ray Placher and Scott Payne officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park in Marble Hill, Mo.