- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Nora Edith "Jim" Myers, 87, of East Prairie died Wednesday, April 13, 2005, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born May 23, 1917, in East Prairie, daughter of Charles S. and Della Pierce Kirkindall. She and Floyd William "Son" Myers were married in March 1935. He died Oct. 17, 1971.
Myers had worked at Missouri School for the Blind in St. Louis, Prairie Manufacturing, and was a teacher's aide at Martin School. She was a member of First Christian Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Peggy Strayhorn of Perryville, Mo., Nancy Young of Ballwin, Mo.; three grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a granddaughter, a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 5 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Martin Lucas and Larry Lane officiating. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery.