- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
THEBES, Ill. -- Patricia Louise "Pat" Bupp Cox, 76, of rural Thebes died Thursday, Jan. 21, 2010, at her home.
Pat was born April 12, 1933, in Clinton, Ky., daughter of Robert W. and Agnes Mghee Bupp. She married Ernest Cox, who preceded her in death Nov. 18, 2002.
Survivors include seven daughters, Susie (Chris) Christensen of Olive Branch, Ill., Joyce (Edwin) Findley of Laird Hill, Texas, Debbie Kay Cox of Tamms, Ill., Hester Hargrove (Randy McGuire) of Birmingham, Ala., Marie Collins of Cape Girardeau, Amy Lee Day (Bruce Ford) of Olive Branch, Mandy (Dodd) Schnepper of Mason, Ill.; 19 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
The funeral was held Saturday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, with the Rev. Edwin Findley officiating. Interment was in Mount Zion Cemetery near Thebes.
Memorials may be made to Paws Place, 139 E. Vienna St., Anna, IL 62906, or to Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, in memory of Pat Cox.