- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
TAMMS, Ill. -- Marie Hazelwood, 98, of Manhattan, Ill., formerly of Tamms, died Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010, at Provena St. Joseph Medical Center in Joliet, Ill.
She was born Feb. 7, 1911, in Clay County, Ark., to Silas and Clara Stagner Rogers. She and Clifford Hazelwood were married March 10, 1979. He preceded her in death Jan. 1, 1992.
Marie was a member of Elco Methodist Church and Happy Hours Senior Citizens.
Survivors include two daughters, Louise (Robert) Watson of Manhattan, Laneta (John) Pettit of Alton, Ill.; two sons, Clifton Lawrence of Madison, Ind., H.C. (Elizabeth) Lawrence of Anna, Ill.; three stepdaughters, Emma Dell (Charlie) Bennett of Tamms, Shirley Jane Hamilton of Bonners Ferry, Idaho, Sammy (Dennis) Thompson of Affton, Mo.; two stepsons, Perry (Carmella) Hazelwood of Elco, Ill., Melvin (Joyce) Hazelwood of Fordyce, Ark.; 15 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; 12 great-great grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and other relatives.
Marie was preceded in death by her parents; a daughter, Roberta Eickelman; a son, J.L. Lawrence; a daughter-in-law, Glenda Lawrence; two sisters; five brothers; and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Rob Grief officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Elco Methodist Church and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.