- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Brown's two goals lift St. Vincent to victory
Brooke Brown scored a pair of goals to lead St. VIncent to a 2-1 home win against De Soto on Wednesday.
Brown scored both goals in the second half, including the game-winning goal in the 66th minute.
Lacey Siegmund and Kelsey Kutz had assists. Michelle Herzog made 10 saves in goal for St. Vincent (7-3).
St. Vincent tied De Soto 1-1 in the JV match.
GOLF Central 147, Dexter 169
Central improved to 7-0-1 with a win at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
Central's Kirk Lohmann was the medalist at even-par 35, and teammate Blake Driskell shot a 36. Sam Bornstein and Zach Kluesner both shot 38 for the Tigers.
Sikeston 172, Notre Dame 173, Jackson 175
Only three strokes made the difference between first and last in a three-team meet at the Sikeston Country Club.
Notre Dame finished in second, one stroke behind Sikeston and two strokes in front of Jackson.
Will Lindman led the Bulldogs with a 6-over-par 41, and Clayton Eftink followed with a 42. Brandon Holzum and Tyler Menz each shot a 45 for Notre Dame.
Tyler Sprandle and Alex Balsmann each shot a 43 to lead Jackson. Ryan Mouser shot a 44, and Josh Wheeler finished at 45.
Sikeston's Martin Schaefer was the medalist at 39.
TRACK AND FIELD Old Settlement Meet
Perryville's girls finished third at the Old Settlement Meet at Ste. Genenvieve.
The Pirates finished with 66 points, behind Ste. Genevieve (159) and Festus (139).
Brittney Castleberry picked up Perryville's lone victory in the 100 in 13.03 seconds. Castleberry also finished second in the 100 hurdles and third in the 300 hurdles.
On the boys side, Saxony Lutheran finished sixth with 30 points. Ste. Genevieve won with 133 points.
Brandon Etzold had the Crusaders' best performance with a second place in the 1,600 (4:46.75).
3,200 relay -- 4. 11:15 (Meghan Roth, Lindsey Lappe, Bethany Steffens, Leslie Schilli)
100 hurdles -- 2. Brittney Castleberry 18.17
100 -- 1. Castleberry 13.03
800 relay -- 2. 1:58 (Ashley Castleberry, Jaime Hacker, Liz Martin, B. Castleberry)
300 hurdles -- 3. B. Castleberry 51.21
800 -- 3. Martin 2:37
High jump -- 2. Hacker 4-4
Triple jump -- 2. Cassie Lawrence 31-6
1,600 -- 2. Brandon Etzold 4:46.75
3,200 relay -- 5. Saxony Lutheran 10:35
400 -- 3. Grant Lehmann 53.52
300 hurdles -- 5. Alex Jauch 43.78
800 -- 5. Trey Maevers 2:13.91
3,200 -- 5. Etzold 11:45
1,600 relay -- 3. Saxony Lutheran 3:44.30
High jump -- 5. Maevers 5-5
* The Central lacrosse team defeated Fox 2-1 in a Missouri Scholastic Lacrosse Association junior varsity match in Arnold, Mo. Will Browne and Devon Edmonds scored goals to lead Central. Central (4-1) will travel to DeSmet next Thursday.
* Central's boys won 79-45 and Jackson's girls won 74-51 in a junior varsity track meet.