- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Jackson Resident Larry Bill Continues Independent Campaign for Congress
Jackson, MO (January 20, 2010)- A local citizen worried about the future of our nation stops talking and starts walking.
Last fall, Jackson resident and Air Force veteran Larry Bill, known to most as "Mr. Bill", began a conservative, independent grassroots run for U.S. Congress to represent the 8th District. Larry took the more difficult route to get on the ballot, independent, so he could avoid the ties that come with party affiliation and obligation.
Over the last several months, Larry Bill has quietly visited with citizens throughout the 8th District about their concerns. At every opportunity, he asked them to sign the petition to get him on the ballot. To date, with the help of several volunteers, the campagn has nearly 3,000 of the 5,667 signatures necessary to get on the ballot.
Mr. Bill wants this nation to get back to following the Constitution, reduce unnecessary spending, achieve energy independence, stop illegal immigration, and fully protect first and second amendment rights.
To get a more detailed perspective on Mr. Bill's solutions, as well as news on others competing for the opportunity, visit the website http://larrybill.com/