- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Hot chili sauce lands German teens in hospital
BERLIN -- Officials in Germany say eight teenagers were hospitalized after a test of courage in which they drank chili sauce more than 200 times hotter than normal.
The Red Cross in the southern city of Augsburg says that 10 boys, aged 13 and 14, year drank the sauce Wednesday morning, apparently in school.
The German news agency DAPD quoted the Red Cross as saying the boys complained of feeling sick, and eight were taken to a hospital. They were to be kept in overnight for observation.
The Red Cross said that on the Scoville scale, which measures the hotness of sauce, the sauce measured 535,000 -- compared to 2,500 for normal Tabasco sauce.