- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)33
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Hot chili sauce lands German teens in hospital
BERLIN -- Officials in Germany say eight teenagers were hospitalized after a test of courage in which they drank chili sauce more than 200 times hotter than normal.
The Red Cross in the southern city of Augsburg says that 10 boys, aged 13 and 14, year drank the sauce Wednesday morning, apparently in school.
The German news agency DAPD quoted the Red Cross as saying the boys complained of feeling sick, and eight were taken to a hospital. They were to be kept in overnight for observation.
The Red Cross said that on the Scoville scale, which measures the hotness of sauce, the sauce measured 535,000 -- compared to 2,500 for normal Tabasco sauce.