- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mary Campbell, 87, of Cape Girardeau died at 10:19 a.m. Monday, Jan. 18, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 1, 1922, in Mingo, Mo., to John L. and Odena Kern Garner. She married Paul Richards in 1941. She later married Marvin Campbell on Oct. 6, 1974.
She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital for many years.
Mary was a waitress for many years at several local restaurants, including the Marquette Hotel, Sunny Hill Restaurant, the Colonial Tavern, the Idan-Ha Hotel coffee shop and Al's Midtown.
She is survived by a son, Gary Lee Richards of Sun City, Calif.; four daughters, Mary Ann (Lawrence) Keesee of Vilonia, Ark., Sandra Kay (Frank) Bayne of St. Charles, Mo., Jeanette (John) Richards of St. Louis, Susan Lynne (Russ) Barnes of Gillette, Wyo.; three brothers, Pete Garner of O'Fallon, Mo., Larry Garner (Mae) of St. James, Mo., Paul Garner (Jo) of St. Louis; 12 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; six great-great-grandchildren; numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, parents and two sons, John Paul in infancy and Kenneth Paul.
Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd. in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral for Mary Campbell will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Crain Funeral Home, with the Rev. Nathan Burgell officiating.
Interment will take place in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.