- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Fred L. Thomas, 92, of Marble Hill passed away Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2010, at El Nathan Home.
He was born Nov. 14, 1917, at Zalma, Mo., son of Daniel J. and Ida Mae Whitener Thomas. He and Myra Emigean Gray were married May 30, 1941, in Cape Girardeau. She died Oct. 26, 2004.
Thomas had worked at Wisecarver's Store in Marble Hill more than 30 years. He retired after working at Hawn's IGA. He was a member of Marble Hill United Methodist Church and Masonic Trowell Lodge in Marble Hill.
Survivors include many nieces and nephews.
Besides his wife he was preceded in death by six brothers and a sister.
Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill. A Masonic service will be held at 7.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Michael Lockhart officiating.
Burial will be in Baker Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to Marble Hill United Methodist Church.