- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Horace Hardy Clark, 96, of Jackson died Monday, Jan. 18, 2010, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 24, 1913, in Commerce, Mo., son of Omer and Opal Oguin Clark. He and Grace Genevieve Wise were married June 9, 1934, at Benton, Mo. She died Jan. 5, 2005.
Horace was a riverboat captain. He was a member of the Retired Riverboat Pilot Association and West Side Church of God.
Survivors include a son, Steve Clark of Jackson; four brothers, Harold (Frieda) Clark of Fredericktown, Mo., Bobby Gene (Jane) Clark of Cape Girardeau, Bill Clark of Illinois, Omer Wayne (Jackie) Clark of Lake of the Ozarks, Mo.; a sister, Jane (Dean) Hoffmeister of Lake of the Ozarks; two grandchildren, Lisa Ann Weaver and Zack Clark; three great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; a son, Garold Clark; a daughter, Ruth Ann Johnson; and a grandson, Tommy Johnson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Burial will be in Oakdale Cemetery in Commerce.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.