- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Donald E. "Don" Gibson, 75, of Manhattan, Kan., died Friday, Jan. 15, 2010, in Manhattan.
He was born Aug. 7, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, son of Phillip and Golda Romine Gibson. Don graduated from Cape Girardeau High School in 1942.
Gibson and Sylvia Carolyn Barton were married June 19, 1955, in Hutchinson, Kan.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Gibson was a Boy Scout leader of Troop 223. He and his wife both enjoyed Boy Scouts and were very active in Troop 223 many years. Don was also an OA member.
Survivors include his wife; five children, Deborah Farmer and husband David of Nashville, Tenn., Terri Ward and husband Mark of Lake Moore, Ill., David Gibson of Manhattan, Michael Gibson and wife Robin of Lebanon, Texas, and Paul Gibson and wife Tammy of Knoxville, Tenn; and eight grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at Yorgensen-Meloan-Londeen Funeral Chapel in Manhattan, with the Rev. Ben Duerfeldt officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Valley Cemetery, southeast of Manhattan.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Boy Scout Camp Fund and may be left in care of the Yorgensen-Meloan-Londeen Funeral Home, 1616 Poyntz Ave., Manhattan, KS, 66502.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.ymlfuneralhome.com.