- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Hershel Mansker, 82, of St. Louis, formerly of Chaffee, died Sunday, Jan. 17, 2010, at Missouri Veterans Home in St. Louis.
He was born Aug. 2, 1927, at Delta, son of Homer and Ellen Frances Estes Mansker. He and Thelma Louise Bentley were married Nov. 5, 1948.
Hershel was a retired expediter with McDonnell Douglas/Boeing in St. Louis.
He served with the United States Marines.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Richard Mansker of Glencoe, Mo.; two daughters, Kathryn Bieigo of Huntsville, Ala., Karen Robinson of Godfrey, Ill.; nine grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a daughter, four sisters and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Donald Estes officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee, with full military honors by Missouri Honors Program.