- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
Willen Collects Consecutive All-League Laurels
EASTON, Pa. -- Sophomore guard/forward Ryan Willen (Cape Girardeau, Mo./Notre Dame) earned Patriot League Player of the Week honors for the second straight week. Willen averaged 22.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in two games for the Leopards who won contests at Colgate and Navy.
Willen had 19 points and five boards in 19 minutes in a 95-82 win at Colgate (1/13) and followed that with 26 points (one shy of his career high), eight rebounds and five assists to lead Lafayette to a 90-77 win at Navy (1/16).
The player of the week honor was Willen's second straight following a span when he scored a career-high 27 points on 9-of-11 shooting vs. Columbia (1/6) and registered a 20-point, seven-rebound night vs. Holy Cross in the conference opener Jan. 9.
Willen's numbers have taken off over the past four games. The sophomore is averaging 23.0 points and 6.3 rebounds per game in that span compared to 9.0 ppg and 3.9 rpg in the previous 14 games. Willen is contributing 21.7 points and 6.7 rebounds per game in conference play while leading Lafayette to the top of the Patriot League standings.
Academically, the Biology major posted a 3.42 GPA in the fall semester while enrolled in Organic Chemistry, Ethics, Introduction to Psychology, Religions in World Cultures and two labs.
Winner of five straight and eight of its last nine games, Lafayette (12-6, 3-0) hosts Bucknell (6-13, 1-2) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Kirby Sports Center.