- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Illinois man injured late Sunday after colliding with mailbox in Oriole
An Illinois man was injured late Sunday after his vehicle collided with a mailbox in Oriole.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said that Joseph W. Morelock, 44, of Granite City, Ill., was traveling on westbound on Route V when his 2010 Chevrolet ran off the right side of the roadway. The vehicle then struck an object around 9:45 p.m., resulting in an ambulance transporting Morelock to Saint Francis Medical Center, where he was treated for moderate injuries.
Morelock was not wearing his seat belt at the time of the accident.