- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Juanita Ditzler, 73, of Jackson died Sunday, Jan. 17, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 26, 1936, in Marble Hill, Mo., daughter of Ralph and Lucille Dockins Griffith (now Lucille Frederick) and granddaughter of Sike and Rilla Bollinger Dockins.
Juanita and Dale Ditzler were married Aug. 16, 1967. They moved from Texarkana, Ark., to Cape Girardeau County in 1986. Dale preceded her in death Dec. 15, 1997.
Ditzler was a faithful benefactor of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and Disabled American Veterans.
Loving survivors include one son, Bobby Litttrell of Omaha, Neb.; her mother, Lucille Frederick of Jackson; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; one niece, Donna Phoenix of Kell, Ill.; and two nephews, Gary Brummel of Hillsboro, Mo., and Allen Brummel of High Ridge, Mo.
She was preceded in death by one brother and one sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at the McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tommy Weems officiating. Burial will follow at Cook Cemetery at Scopus, Mo.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to Cook Cemetery. Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.