- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
THEBES, Ill. -- Edith Mae Foster Miller, 78, of Thebes died Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 11, 1931, in Olive Branch, Ill., to Henry and Effie Twente Foster. She and Robert Clifford "R.C." Miller were married Dec. 12, 1949. He preceded her in death April 12, 2008.
Miller was a lifelong member of Trinity Assembly of God Church in Olive Branch. She was a devoted wife and loving mother.
She was the loving mother of four sons, Rodney (Jean) Miller of Benton, Mo., James (Jerri) Miller of Tamms, Ill., the Rev. Carl D. (Mary) Miller of Black Mountain, N.C., Sidney J. (Cora) Miller of Olive Branch; a daughter, Lea Ann (James) Bledsoe of Olive Branch; 11 grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; three brothers, Allen (Juanita) Foster and Harold (Sharon) Foster of Olive Branch, John (Marilyn) Foster of Farmville, Va.; a sister, Minnie (Charles) McCoy of Olive Branch; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; an infant son, Dale Lee Miller; and two sisters, Margaret Browning and Nellie Masterson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms and from 1 p.m. to service time Sunday at Trinity Assembly of God Church.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the church, with the Revs. John Fuller, Carl D. Miller and Steve Clardy officiating. Interment will be in Olive Branch Cemetery.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.